GET TO KNOW YOUR THERAPIST
WHY I BECAME A THERAPIST
I became a therapist because I know what it’s like to struggle. I understand that life can be challenging and I don’t think that anyone should ever go through difficult times alone. I provide a genuine, caring, and comfortable space for people to explore things they are struggling with and build the tools to help them move forward.
I BECAME A THERAPIST TO HELP PEOPLE HEAL, BETTER UNDERSTAND THEMSELVES, AND RECOGNIZE WHAT MIGHT BE HOLDING THEM BACK.
PEOPLE COME TO THERAPY TO LEARN VALUABLE TOOLS, TO UNDERSTAND THEMSELVES AND to WORK THROUGH THE DIFFICULTIES LIFE BRINGS. REACHING OUT FOR HELP CAN BE HARD, AND I COMMEND YOUR COURAGE TO START.
When I work with clients, I incorporate THREE THINGS to create positive change:
strengths | support | acceptance
WHAT IF I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO TALK ABUT DURING SESSION?
A LITTLE ABOUT ME & MY PROFESSIONAL SKILLS
- I completed my Masters in Social Work from University of Illinois at Chicago.
- I am a Licensed Clinical Social Worker with the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation.
- I have completed a 27.5 hour Living Brave course by Dr. Brené Brown focusing on Vulnerability, Courage, Shame, and Empathy.
- Prior to working in private practice, I worked in the school system as a school social worker helping clients deal with anxiety, depression, social issues, anger management, and generally helping clients problem solve obstacles they face.
- I have met and worked with diverse groups and am ready to support any and all clients that feel they need a private, experienced counsel to work with them through difficult times!
Avid video gamer
Loves rock climbing
Enjoys playing ping pong