WE OFFER ONLINE COUNSELING SERVICES TO SUPPORT OUR CHICAGO COMMUNITY WITH ACCESSIBLE & FLEXIBLE THERAPY OPTIONS.
Are you having a hard time adjusting to this new (temporary) reality? Do you have more anxiety or stress than you’re used to? Are you struggling to find hope or happiness right now?
We’re here for you.
As we unite together to face this health crisis, Lincoln Park Therapy Group is doing its part to help. We are offering teletherapy online counseling services to current clients, and are currently accepting new clients who are in need of support during this difficult time.
As a community, we are facing unprecedented circumstances. If you’ve ever been curious about therapy before, this might be a good time to start.
Teletherapy online counseling may seem unconventional at first, but it’s not new – it has actually been around for quite some time. Even during normal times, it is a great resource for people with busy schedules who can’t always get into a therapist’s office. Now, during this time of social distancing and self-imposed isolation, teletherapy online counseling is even more important.
Lincoln Park Therapy Group’s teletherapy online counseling services can be especially helpful for things like…
TELETHERAPY ONLINE COUNSELING CAN HELP YOU
Talk about any fears, worries, or concerns you have right now
Develop helpful coping skills to manage anxiety, stress, or depression
Learn how to navigate working from home and establish work-life balance
Work through challenges in you relationship that have developed during this time
Address difficulties related to isolation, loneliness, or a sense of concern about the future
At Lincoln Park Therapy Group, we use a solution-focused, strengths-based approach to counseling.
Through this approach, we will work together to identify your strengths and talents, figure out how to use them to problem-solve, and come up with strategies that you can implement right now, and over time to manage life.
We know some people may be concerned about possible limits to privacy though teletherapy online counseling. Our therapists can help you think of creative ways to find a private space to do your therapy sessions – some of the things we suggest to ensure privacy for teletherapy online counseling are:
- Go for a walk (especially with the 6 ft distance rule, they should definitely be able to have a private conversation while outdoors)
- Say it’s a work call that you need privacy for
- Sit in your car with the heater on
- Sit in a closet and leave music or a TV on in the room to drown out noise
- Order a sound machine on Amazon
- Use earbuds so the therapist can’t be heard
- Allow for “extra screen time” (for kiddos) during session
HOW DO I KNOW IF I SHOULD SEEK SUPPORT?
If you find yourself experiencing any of these symptoms right now, it’s likely that counseling would be helpful to you:
- Feeling so overwhelmed you can’t focus or make decisions.
- Crying frequently to release stress and pent-up emotions.
- Draining your energy because you’re constantly worrying about something
- Feeling more anxiety or stress than you usually do.
- Struggling to feel hopeful about the future.
- Feeling more cranky, stressed out, or emotional than usual.
- Fighting frequently with friends or family members because you’re so stressed out.
- Experiencing a significant loss of a job, a relationship, or someone special in your life.
Things are different right now, though only temporarily. You don’t have to go through this alone.
Our teletherapy online counseling services offer a safe space to explore challenges you’re experiencing from the safety and comfort of your own home. Whether it’s anxiety about the current situation, difficulties that have come up in your relationship as you both hunker down together, or a sense of overwhelm trying to balance work when you’re cooped up at home, we’re here for you. By working with a counselor at Lincoln Park Therapy Group, you can learn ways to control negative thinking (that often triggers anxiety and depression), create a vision for the future (to give you a sense of hope), improve your self-care, and increase your health and well-being.