DO YOU CONSTANTLY FEEL ON EDGE AND WORRIED THAT LIFE WILL FALL APART?
Do you find yourself thinking about the “worst case scenario” all the time? Are you afraid to be happy because you think it might slip away? Do these feelings stop you from enjoying life?
We’re here to help.
DO ANY OF THESE SOUND FAMILIAR?
- You struggle to fall asleep or don’t feel rested in the morning.
- You have trouble concentrating and focusing at work or at school.
- You can’t sit still and relax, and always need to be “doing something.”
- You’re more irritable or cranky than usual, and snap at people you love.
- You can’t seem to calm your mind and it feels like you struggle to turn your worry off.
- You’ve recently experienced a time when you felt overcome with panic or anxiety.
If you relate to some of these things, you might be struggling with anxiety.
Anxiety can make you feel like things are about to spiral out of control at the drop of a hat. You feel overwhelmed, powerless, and on edge all the time. Anxiety leaves you feeling struggling to make decisions, be productive, concentrate on tasks, or relax after a long day of work. Anxiety can also take a toll on your relationships and make you less patient, less understanding, and more irritable than normal.
Anxiety is rooted in an unrealistic fear that makes us worry that the things that are important to us will fall apart. Our fears exist to cue us into the feeling that something doesn’t feel right. However, anxiety does more than that – it turns our fear into worries that you can’t control and can even morph the worry into panic. Anxiety can feel like a flood of thoughts and feeling, or like something bad is always looming in the background. It can make life harder than it needs to be, and we are here to help you learn to cope with it.
LEARN TO LET GO AND THRIVE.
“In the midst of movement and chaos, keep stillness inside of you.” – Deepak Chopra
At Lincoln Park Therapy Group, we help you build the tools to gain control over the racing thoughts and learn how to effectively manage your anxiety. By developing mindfulness and the right coping skills, you will be equipped to challenge the distorted thoughts that feed your anxiety and train your brain to be less on edge and more grounded. Our counselors are equipped to help you not only build your tool kit, but also practice applying these skills in your daily life. Anxiety can make life harder than it has to be. We’re here to help you learn how to build a fulfilling life that lets you thrive.
What would your life be like without anxiety?
Counseling can be a life-changing experience for people struggling with anxiety. Whether you’ve struggled with it for your entire life or it’s something that’s recently developed due to stressful circumstances, counseling can help you learn to cope. Our therapists can help you find the calm within the chaos to lead a calmer, happier, and more fulfilling life.
At Lincoln Park Therapy Group, we use a solution-focused, strengths-based approach to counseling. Through this approach, we will work together to identify your strengths and talents, figure out how to use them to problem-solve, and come up with strategies that you can implement time and time again to manage your life.
HOW DO I KNOW I NEED THERAPY?
This is a great question and one we hear frequently. If you find yourself experiencing any of these symptoms regularly, it’s likely that counseling would be helpful to you:
- Feeling so overwhelmed all the time and like life is spinning out of control.
- Feeling keyed up, on edge, or restless more often than not.
- Constantly worrying about things that are outside of your control.
- Unable to wind down at night or having trouble falling asleep.
- Pushing yourself to the edge to try to “maintain control” of everything.
- Feeling less patient and more agitated, stressed out, or irritable than usual.
- Struggling to focus or concentrate, and being overcome with worry.
Did you know that life doesn’t have to be this way? You can learn to let go of the worry and live each day with joy and inner peace.
Life is going to have ups and downs – that’s part of the human experience. But that doesn’t mean it has to be riddled with stress, worry, and overwhelm. If you want help making your life less stressful and more gratifying, set up time to come in and talk with one of our Counselors.
We’d love to meet you.
These LPTG therapists specialize in treating anxiety.