GET TO KNOW YOUR THERAPIST
WHY I BECAME A THERAPIST
I BECAME A THERAPIST TO HELP YOU FEEL EMPOWERED TO BE THE BEST VERSION OF YOURSELF.
WHEN I WORK WITH CLIENTS, I USE A STRENGTHS-BASED AND CLIENT-CENTERED APPROACH INCORPORATED WITH EMPATHY, ACCEPTANCE, AND COMPASSION. I HELP CLIENTS EXPLORE HOW THEIR PAST IS IMPACTING THEIR PRESENT, AND IDENTIFY HOW THEY CAN CHANGE THEIR FUTURE. I SEE MYSELF AS A GUIDE TO HELP YOU IDENTIFY AND NAVIGATE SOLUTIONS TO LIFE’S CHALLENGES.
Therapy is a safe place for you to identify your innate strengths, delve the things that bring you happiness, and explore the things that make life challenging. By working together, we can figure out how to deal with things that might be holding you back so you can amplify your strengths and feel more empowered in life.
When I work with clients, I incorporate THREE THINGS to create positive change:
self-expression | empowerment | vulnerability
WHO I WORK WITH
I work with adults and teens who have experienced a trauma/PTSD, or who are facing anxiety, depression, low self-esteem, body image issues, grief and loss, or major life changes. I also work with couples who want to address challenging relationship patterns.
My area of expertise is helping individuals and couples work through the barriers to happiness and fulfillment.
WHAT IF IT IS HARD FOR ME TO OPEN UP?
A LITTLE ABOUT ME & MY PROFESSIONAL SKILLS
- I completed my Masters in Social Work from Loyola University Chicago (MSW).
- I am working to become a Licensed Social Worker with the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation.
- I have completed a 27.5 hour Living Brave course by Dr. Brené Brown focusing on Vulnerability, Courage, Shame, and Empathy.
- I completed an NMT Training Certification (Neurosequential Model of Therapeutics).
- My background in visual arts has influenced my work as a therapist. I consider therapy and art to be similar in the way they both act as forms of expression and can help one process their emotions.
Loves spending time with kitties
Identifies as an artist
Loves playing the flute and the piano