GET TO KNOW YOUR THERAPIST
ISELA CARMEAN, MA, MHC
isela es bilingüe y brinda terapia en inglés y español.
I BELIEVE THAT THERAPY CAN HELP YOU CHALLENGE OLD PATTERNS,EMPOWER YOURSELF TO SEE A DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVE AND BEGIN TO THRIVE.
WHY I BECAME A THERAPIST
Therapy is a safe place for everyone–teens, emerging adults, or older adults to delve into things that make life challenging. Each session is a place where we can explore any thoughts or beliefs that don’t serve you, build tools to help you cope with life’s challenges, and work to remove any barriers that may be holding you back from leading a fulfilling life.
I BECAME A THERAPIST TO HELP CREATE CHANGES IN OUR SOCIAL SYSTEMS AND HELP PEOPLE BECOME MINDFUL OF THEIR SOCIAL AND EMOTIONAL LIVES.
WHEN I WORK WITH CLIENTS, I FOCUS ON MOVING TOwarD A POSITIVE CHANGE IN A MINDFUL MANNER. I FIND THAT WE ARE ALL CAPABLE OF CHANGE, BUT AS A COGNITIVE BEHAVIORAL THERAPIST, MINDFULNESS IS WHAT GIVES CHANGE ITS MEANING AND ENSURES THAT IT’S LONG-TERM AND SUSTAINABLE.
When I work with clients, I incorporate THREE THINGS to create positive change:
strengths | lived experience | mindfulness
WHO I WORK WITH
I am a bilingual cognitive behavioral therapist who works with teens and adolescents, young adults and adults who may be experiencing a big or small life change, anxiety, depression, PTSD, and grief. I also see couples who are having a difficult time overcoming relationship obstacles.
My area of expertise is helping individuals and couples shift their beliefs to find more happiness and fulfillment.
WHAT IF I FAIL?
A LITTLE ABOUT ME & MY PROFESSIONAL SKILLS
- I completed my Masters in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from Roosevelt University.
- I am a National Certified Counselor.
- I am working to become a Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor with the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation.
- I have completed a 27.5 hour Living Brave course by Dr. Brené Brown focusing on Vulnerability, Courage, Shame, and Empathy.
- I am bilingual and provide therapy in both English and Spanish.
- I volunteered for the American Counseling Association’s LGBTQ+ division during my master’s program.
Loves being silly with her children and husband
Enjoys caring for her tropical plant collection
Loves to travel