GET TO KNOW YOUR THERAPIST
Jacqueline Westin, MSW, LCSW
I CREATE A HEALING SPACE WHERE CLIENTS ARE HEARD AND UNDERSTOOD
ANXIETY & DEPRESSION
TEENS & YOUNG ADULTS
COUPLES & RELATIONSHIPS
WHY I BECAME A THERAPIST
I BECAME A THERAPIST TO HELP OTHERS CREATE A MEANINGFUL LIFE AND PROVIDE THEM SUPPORT TO MAKE POSITIVE LIFE CHANGES.
I believe that everybody can use some added support from time to time. When we work together, I hold space for you to explore the challenges you’re facing, figure out what goals you want to set for our work together, and develop appropriate coping skills to overcome barriers and create meaningful change in your life.
When we work together, I help you gain greater self-awareness to identify where changes could be made to improve your happiness and quality of life as well as processing past events that might hold you back from living as your fully authentic self. It’s important in our work together that we have a trusting therapeutic relationship and an environment of acceptance so you can feel safe and comfortable opening up in therapy.
When I work with clients, I incorporate THREE THINGS to create positive change:
strength | understanding | growth
WHO I WORK WITH
My area of expertise is working with individuals who are overcoming painful emotions such as guilt, shame, or inadequacy that have been holding them back from living their best lives.
WHAT IF I'M NOT READY FOR CHANGE?
A LITTLE ABOUT ME & MY PROFESSIONAL SKILLS
- I completed my graduate degree in Social Work at Loyola University of Chicago.
- I am a Licensed Clinical Social Worker with the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation.
- I have experience working with adults and adolescents with eating disorders, as well as with children on the spectrum, and older adults in the geriatric community.
- I specialize in CBT, ACT, DBT, strengths-based approach, and trauma-informed care.
- I have completed a 27.5 hour Living Brave course by Dr. Brené Brown focusing on Vulnerability, Courage, Shame, and Empathy.
Passionate about helping others
Likes to travel
Love my 3 cats