GET TO KNOW YOUR THERAPIST
Racquel Rizzo, MA, LPC
I BELIEVE THAT THERAPY CAN HELP PEOPLE FIND A SENSE OF BALANCE AND PEACE IN AN EVER-CHANGING WORLD.
WHY I BECAME A THERAPIST
I BECAME A THERAPIST TO HELP INDIVIDUALS LIVE THEIR BEST LIFE POSSIBLE, WITH ALL THAT LIFE THROWS AT THEM.
As a therapist, I strive to thoroughly understand my clients’ perspective. From that understanding, we can build trust and work together to help navigate the challenges, joys, and curve balls life can send our way. Therapy is not always a linear process, but taking time to explore and be curious about oneself is valuable and healing. This can especially be true in a society that often doesn’t provide the time or space for us to do so.
The therapeutic relationship is an important component in our work together. I view you as the expert in your life journey and will partner with you to provide support, therapeutic tools, and new perspectives.
When I work with clients, I incorporate THREE THINGS to create positive change:
collaboration | acceptance | empathy
WHO I WORK WITH
HOW DOES SOMEONE KNOW IF THEY SHOULD START THERAPY?
A LITTLE ABOUT ME & MY PROFESSIONAL SKILLS
- I received my Master’s degree from The Chicago School of Professional Psychology in Counseling Psychology
- I am a Licensed Professional Counselor through the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation.
- I have experience working with clients ranging in age from childhood to adulthood also have experience working with families of varying backgrounds.
- I have completed a 27.5 hour Living Brave course by Dr. Brené Brown focusing on Vulnerability, Courage, Shame, and Empathy.
- I have completed a Maternal Mental Health Intensive: Perinatal Mood & Anxiety Disorders course through Seleni Institute.
Loves spending time with family and friends
Likes to read