GET TO KNOW YOUR THERAPIST
WHY I BECAME A THERAPIST
Everyone is navigating their own personal journey, with both triumphs and challenges along the way. We make connections each day through our successes and struggles, where it is important to remember that we are not alone. Therapy can help you overcome barriers, feel a true sense of belonging, relieve worry and stress, increase joy, and know yourself on a deeper level as you achieve more than you thought possible.
I BECAME A THERAPIST TO HELP OTHERS REALIZE THEIR TRUE POTENTIAL AND ACHIEVE THEIR GOALS WHILE MAINTAINING THEIR HEALTH AND WELL-BEING.
Therapy is a supportive relationship that can help you explore your options, discover your individual strengths, and find accountability. Together we will create a strong, collaborative, and trusting relationship, which is essential to enrich your therapy experience. As your therapist, I strive to help you feel safe, supported, empowered, and invested in the pursuit of your highest potential. I am passionate about helping you make lasting improvements using your unique talents to create the life that you desire as we uncover your personal definition of success.
While working together, your unique personality, situation, needs, and goals will be celebrated as you explore how to trust in your abilities and choices to interpret the world around you and meet your arising needs.
When I work with clients, I incorporate THREE THINGS to create positive change:
empathy | collaboration | helpful coping skills
WHO I WORK WITH
HOW CAN THERAPY HELP ME?
A LITTLE ABOUT ME & MY PROFESSIONAL SKILLS
- I graduated from the University of Kentucky with a Master’s degree in Rehabilitation Counseling Clinical Mental Health.
- I am a Licensed Professional Counselor through the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation.
- I am a nationally Certified Rehabilitation Counselor, specifically trained to work collaboratively with individuals with disabilities to achieve their personal, social, psychological, career, and independent living goals. I also have a background in Special Education, working with children and adolescents in the school setting.
- I am trained in and utilize aspects of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, Client-Centered Therapy, and Mindfulness.
- I have completed an 18 hour course to become a Certified Integrative Mental Health Professional.
- I have completed a 27.5 hour Living Brave course by Dr. Brené Brown focusing on Vulnerability, Courage, Shame, and Empathy.
“I believe there’s a calling for all of us. I know that every human being has value and purpose. The real work of our lives is to become aware and awakened. To answer the call.” – Oprah Winfrey
Spiritual & faith-based
Loves to read