GET TO KNOW YOUR THERAPIST
WHY I BECAME A THERAPIST
As human beings, we all stumble on times when life is difficult, and sometimes we can feel misunderstood and lost. I wanted to aid people in finding their path again, while offering support, encouragement, and trust in a safe, non-judgmental space.
I BECAME A THERAPIST TO HELP PROVIDE SUPPORT FOR THOSE STRUGGLING AND TO BE AN AVENUE OF STRENGTH AND CHANGE FOR PEOPLE.
WHEN I WORK WITH CLIENTS, I BUILD UPON THEIR CURRENT STRENGTHS AND HELP THEM INCORPORATE NEW ONES IN ORDER FOR THEM TO FIND HAPPINESS AND REACH THEIR TRUE POTENTIAL.
When I work with clients, I incorporate THREE THINGS to create positive change:
strengths | coping skills | collaboration
WHO I WORK WITH
I work with individuals, teens, and couples, and I specialize in people experiencing addiction challenges, managing difficult life transitions, dealing with depression or anxiety, and those with a history of trauma.
My area of expertise is working with people who have experienced trauma, and those who are struggling to cope with significant life changes.
HOW WILL THERAPY HELP ME LONG TERM?
A LITTLE ABOUT ME & MY PROFESSIONAL SKILLS
- I completed my Masters in Social Work from Loyola University Chicago with a concentration in Mental Health.
- I am a Licensed Social Worker with the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation.
- I am also a Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor, and have worked in a variety of community mental health settings helping clients with addictions.
- I have completed an NMT Training Certification (Neurosequential Model of Therapeutics) that focuses on the impact of trauma and adverse experiences on our brain development.
- I have completed a 27.5 hour Living Brave course by Dr. Brené Brown focusing on Vulnerability, Courage, Shame, and Empathy.
- I incorporate CBT, DBT, ACT, and mindfulness models when working with clients and take both an empowerment and strengths-based approach as well.
Enjoys being surrounded by friends and family
Used to live abroad in Ireland
Loves traveling as much as possible