GET TO KNOW YOUR THERAPIST
WHY I BECAME A THERAPIST
Everyone is unique and has a personal story to tell. Therapy is a safe and collaborative space where you can share your story, identify your unique talents, and learn new approaches to cope with life’s stressors. It is also a space where you can be seen, heard, and validated, and have someone witness the ups and downs you have faced on your personal journey.
I BECAME A THERAPIST BECAUSE NOBODY SHOULD EVER FEEL LIKE THEY ARE ALONE IN THEIR JOURNEY.
THERAPY IS A COLLABORATIVE AND EXPLORATIVE PROCESS. WITHIN OUR RELATIONSHIP AS THERAPIST AND CLIENT, WE WILL REMAIN CURIOUS AND EXPLORE YOUR WORLD TOGETHER. I SEE YOU AS THE EXPERT OF YOUR OWN LIFE, AND MY ROLE IS TO HELP IDENTIFY NEW PERSPECTIVES WHILE SERVING AS A GUIDE TO SUPPORT YOU THROUGH DIFFICULTIES YOU ARE FACED WITH. I’M NOT HERE TO “FIX” YOU BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT BROKEN. EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO HEAL, MOVE FORWARD, AND GROW IS ALREADY WITHIN YOU, AND THERAPY CAN BE THE PROCESS TO HELP YOU GET BACK ON TRACK.
When I work with clients, I incorporate THREE THINGS to create positive change:
positive regard | mindfulness | empathy
I also integrate Brene Brown’s powerful research of vulnerability, courage, shame, and empathy in my work with clients, utilizing techniques and strategies to help individuals integrate it into their personal and professional lives.
WHO I WORK WITH
I work with individuals experiencing anxiety, depression, and life transition issues. I also specialize in helping People of Color heal from racial trauma and supporting folk from the LGBTQ+ community in sexual and gender exploration.
My area of expertise is helping teens and emerging adults adjust to new phases of life, cope with challenging relationship patterns, and build coping strategies to manage life’s difficulties.
WHAT IF I HAVE DOUBTS THAT THERAPY IS FOR ME?
A LITTLE ABOUT ME & MY PROFESSIONAL SKILLS
- I completed my Masters from the University of Chicago School of Social Work, Policy, and Practice.
- I am working toward becoming a Licensed Social Worker with the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation.
- I have certificates in Trauma-Informed Care and Mental Health First Aid, and completed an 11 hour course in Trauma-Focused CBT.
- I have experience with Family Systems therapy, ACT, CBT, Psychodynamic therapy, Motivational Interviewing, and Mindfulness.
- I have completed a 27.5 hour Living Brave course by Dr. Brené Brown focusing on Vulnerability, Courage, Shame, and Empathy.
Enjoys reading tarot cards
Enjoys reading, especially fiction
Loves to travel