GET TO KNOW YOUR THERAPIST
WHY I BECAME A THERAPIST
We all stumble on times when life is difficult, and sometimes we can feel overwhelmed, misunderstood, and alone. I support people in finding their path again, while offering insight, encouragement, and trust in a safe, non-judgmental space.
I BECAME A THERAPIST TO HELP OTHERS OVERCOME HARDSHIPS AND EMPOWER THEM AS THEY FIND THEIR PATH TO EFFECTIVELY MANAGE THEIR DIFFICULTIES.
I view therapy as a collaborative opportunity for clients to overcome barriers that are holding them back, work through past hardships that might be getting in the way, and co-create a plan to achieve their goals to live their best life.
Everyone has the capacity to thrive, and therapy is a safe place to talk about your goals, explore what’s holding you back, and shine a spotlight on your strengths and talents. With authenticity, kindness, and warmth, I collaborate with clients to enhance personal growth and understanding. As we work together, we will discover self-awareness, communication, and ways to bring enthusiasm to life. I work with clients to deepen their self-discovery, cope with anxiety and depression, transition through life’s changes, and find communication skills and understanding in one’s relationships.
I incorporate THREE THINGS to create positive change:
self-awareness | goal-setting | trust
I also integrate Brene Brown’s powerful research of vulnerability, courage, shame, and empathy in my work with clients, utilizing techniques and strategies to help individuals integrate it into their personal and professional lives.
WHO I WORK WITH
My areas of interest include working with the LGBTQIA community in navigating the coming out process, sexual and identity development, transgender identity, and transitioning. I specialize in anxiety, depression, trauma, and working with couples to improve communication and develop meaningful relationships.
I also enjoy working with young adults and adults who are going through life transitions related to school, work, and relationships.
WHAT IF Change Scares me?
A LITTLE ABOUT ME & MY PROFESSIONAL SKILLS
- I received my Master’s in Counseling Psychology from Chicago School of Professional Psychology.
- I am a Licensed Professional Counselor with the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation.
- I have extensive training in couples therapy and have experience working LGBTQIA clients regarding coming out, sexual and identity development, transgender, and transitioning.
- My pronouns are she/her/hers.
- Completed 27.5 hour Living Brave course from Brené Brown focusing on Vulnerability, Courage, Shame, and Empathy based on Daring Greatly and Rising Strong programs.
“There is freedom waiting for you, on the breezes of the sky, and you ask ‘What if I fall?’ Oh but my darling, What if you fly?” ― Erin Hanson
Loves walking in nature
Likes to journal