I BELIEVE THAT THERAPY IS A PARTNERSHIP BETWEEN CLIENT AND THERAPIST, AND I’M HERE TO HELP YOU FIGURE OUT HOW TO LIVE YOUR BEST LIFE.
WHY I BECAME A THERAPIST
Life has its ups and downs, and sometimes you might need a little extra support to deal with challenges. Therapy can be the perfect way to get this additional support, helping you to figure out what’s working well and what you want to change about your life. This applies not only for individuals, but for couples, too. Coming to therapy with your partner can help you both learn more about each other, figure out how to better meet each other’s needs, and improve on key things like communication.
I BECAME A THERAPIST BECAUSE I KNOW THAT EVERYONE HAS THE CAPACITY TO LIVE THEIR BEST LIFE AND FINDING SOMEONE TO HELP YOU FOCUS ON YOUR STRENGTHS AND DO MORE OF WHAT WORKS IS A STEP IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION.
The most important part of the therapeutic experience is the authentic relationship that develops between client and therapist, which creates a sense of trust and safety in the therapy office and allows for meaningful growth and transformation.
I believe that everyone has the capacity to thrive, and that sometimes people can feel stuck or unsure on their path. Therapy is a safe place to talk about your goals, explore what’s holding you back, and shine a spotlight on your strengths and talents.
When I work with clients…
I also integrate Brene Brown’s powerful research of vulnerability, courage, shame, and empathy in my work with clients, utilizing techniques and strategies to help individuals integrate it into their personal and professional lives.
WHO I WORK WITH
My area of expertise is working with couples experiencing relationship challenges and individuals who are going through life transitions, struggling with self-esteem, or experiencing grief after a significant loss.
WHAT IF I DON'T WANT TO CHANGE SOME THINGS?
A LITTLE ABOUT ME & MY PROFESSIONAL SKILLS
- I received my Masters in Counseling Psychology from the Chicago School of Professional Psychology, with an emphasis in Marriage and Family Therapy.
- I am a Licensed Professional Counselor with the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation.
- I have specialized training in working with couples and am Level 1 Gottman Certified.
- I have cross-cultural training working with intercultural couples.
- I have a passion for and experience in working with men’s issues.
- I completed a 27.5 hour Living Brave course from Brené Brown focusing on Vulnerability, Courage, Shame, and Empathy based on Daring Greatly and Rising Strong programs.
“Embrace uncertainty. Some of the most beautiful chapters in our lives won’t have a title until much later.” ― Bob Goff
Loves to travel
Enjoys working out
Likes to journal