EVERYONE DESERVES TO TRULY FEEL HEARD, SEEN, AND UNDERSTOOD.
BODY IMAGE STRUGGLES
WHY I BECAME A THERAPIST
With the right support, validation, and encouragement, we all have the capacity to change and create a life filled with happiness and fulfillment. Part of being human means experiencing both joy and pain. I encourage the exploration of both the positive and the painful parts of our lives while working together to actively problem-solve and find solutions to life’s challenges.
I BECAME A THERAPIST TO HELP GUIDE INDIVIDUALS TO LIVE THEIR BEST LIFE POSSIBLE, WITH ALL THAT LIFE THROWS AT YOU.
the therapeutic relationship Is an important component in our work together. I view You as the expert in your Life journey and will partner with you to provide support, THerapeutic tools and perspective.
I believe we all have the capacity for change and growth. I use a strength-based approach combined with empathy, warmth, and lightness to help clients gain the insight and skills to change.
When I work with clients, I focus on:
acceptance | empathy | unconditional positive regard
WHO I WORK WITH
I work with individuals suffering from depression, anxiety, eating disorders, PTSD/trauma, and relationship loss. My other areas of interest include working with individuals who are dealing with work-related stress, interpersonal issues, Quarter Life Crises and life transitions. I also offer a safe and affirming therapeutic space for people in the LGBTQ+ community who are seeking support.
WHAT IF I'M NOT READY TO CHANGE?
A LITTLE ABOUT ME & MY PROFESSIONAL SKILLS
- I received my Master’s Degree in Social Work from Loyola University, and my BA in Psychology with a minor in Substance Abuse from Ramapo College.
- I am a Licensed Clinical Social Worker with the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation.
- I utilize a strengths-based approach, combining aspects of Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) and Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT).
- I am trained in Cognitive Processing Therapy – an evidenced based treatment for trauma and PTSD.
- I completed a 27.5 hour Living Brave course from Brené Brown focusing on Vulnerability, Courage, Shame, and Empathy based on Daring Greatly and Rising Strong programs.
“I am not what happened to me. I am what I choose to become.” ― CG Jung
Loves long-distance running
Practices mindfulness and gratitude