GET TO KNOW YOUR THERAPIST
Mariana Angel Mosti
MARIANA ANGEL MOSTI, MA, MHC
mariana es bilingüe y brinda terapia en inglés y español.
I BELIEVE EVERY CLIENT CAN REACH THEIR POTENTIAL WITH THE RIGHT SUPPORT AND THE RIGHT TOOLS.
COUPLES & RELATIONSHIPS
INTERCULTURAL RELATIONSHIP CHALLENGES
ANXIETY, DEPRESSION, & MOOD DISORDERS
WHY I BECAME A THERAPIST
Life doesn’t always go how we expect it to. Sometimes life is hard and we face challenges that require extra support. As a therapist, I partner with you in a safe, collaborative and trusting relationship to help you navigate these challenges and build effective coping skills to manage big emotions and triggering situations.
I BECAME A THERAPIST TO SUPPORT OTHERS AND HELP THEM NAVIGATE UNEXPECTED CHALLENGES.
I VIEW THERAPY AS A COLLABORATIVE OPPORTUNITY FOR you TO OVERCOME BARRIERS THAT ARE HOLDINg you BACK. we WORK THROUGH PAST HARDSHIPS THAT MIGHT BE GETTING IN THE WAY, AND CO-CREATE A PLAN TO help you ACHIEVE your GOALS and LIVE your BEST LIFE.
When I work with clients, I incorporate THREE THINGS to create positive change:
trust | acceptance | collaboration
WHO I WORK WITH
I work with individuals experiencing anxiety, depression, trauma, major life changes, and acculturation challenges. I also work with couples who are facing difficulties in their relationship and specialize in intercultural differences.
My area of expertise is helping couples break through relationship barriers and find healing and empowerment with one another.
WHAT IF I DON'T WANT TO OPEN UP IN THERAPY?
A LITTLE ABOUT ME & MY PROFESSIONAL SKILLS
- I completed my Masters in Couples and Individual Psychotherapy from Instituto Mexicano de la Pareja in Mexico City.
- I am working to become a Licensed Professional Counselor with the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation.
- I have completed a 27.5 hour Living Brave course by Dr. Brené Brown focusing on Vulnerability, Courage, Shame, and Empathy.
- I am a Mexican, bilingual therapist who has worked with couples and individuals from diverse backgrounds in both community-based and private practice.
- I relocated to Chicago after practicing in Mexico City for 10+ years.
I am a trauma-informed clinician with a person-centered approach grounded in Psychodynamic therapy.
Enjoys being in nature
Loves to travel