GET TO KNOW YOUR THERAPIST
Marcella Bulger, MA, LPC
THERAPY CAN PROVIDE THE TOOLS TO ACHIEVE YOUR GOALS AND FEEL EMPOWERED IN YOUR LIFE.
SELF-ESTEEM & SELF-WORTH
MAJOR LIFE CHANGES
COUPLES & RELATIONSHIPS
GRIEF & LOSS
BREAK-UPS & RELATIONSHIP LOSS
WHY I BECAME A THERAPIST
Therapy is a safe space to heal past traumas and identify what’s holding you back from happiness. As a therapist, I help clients create lives that are fulfilling and representative of who they truly are. Life can feel hopeless and isolating at times — you are not alone and you don’t have to walk through the ups and downs of life on your own.
I BECAME A THERAPIST TO HELP YOU FIND YOUR VOICE AND TAKE BACK YOUR POWER.
I BELIEVE THAT YOU ARE THE EXPERT IN YOUR OWN LIFE, AND I USE A COLLABORATIVE APPROACH TO HELP YOU DISCOVER AND ACHIEVE YOUR PERSONAL GOALS. I STRIVE TO CREATE A SAFE SPACE FOR YOU TO MOVE FROM HOPELESSNESS TO HOPEFULNESS, AND DEVELOP THE COURAGE TO TRANSFORM YOUR LIFE.
The therapy process is special because of the creativity and freedom it allows. I like to focus on creating a collaborative relationship where you can express your emotions and goals in a non-judgmental, safe space. Through our work, we can discover what makes you you. Everything you do – your thoughts, actions, and decisions – all have a purpose and meet a need you have.
When I work with clients, I incorporate THREE THINGS to create positive change:
coping skills | trust | self-awareness
WHO I WORK WITH
I work with individuals experiencing anxiety, depression, trauma, grief & loss, and major life changes, as well as body image issues, work-life balance, and relationship loss.
My area of expertise is helping emerging adults build skills and feel hopeful as the navigate major life changes.
WHAT IF I'M ARAID TO OPEN UP?
A LITTLE ABOUT ME & MY PROFESSIONAL SKILLS
- I graduated from Wayne State University with my Masters of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling.
- I am working to become a Licensed Professional Counselor with the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation.
- I have completed a 27.5 hour Living Brave course by Dr. Brené Brown focusing on Vulnerability, Courage, Shame, and Empathy.
- I have completed Level 1 training in the Gottman method for couples therapy.
- I often utilize CBT and Solution-Focused therapy.
Loves working out
Enjoys the beach
Loves to travel