GET TO KNOW YOUR THERAPIST
WHY I BECAME A THERAPIST
I BECAME A THERAPIST TO SUPPORT YOU THROUGH CONFUSING AND TUMULTUOUS TIMES.
I VIEW THERAPY AS A COLLABORATIVE OPPORTUNITY FOR CLIENTS TO OVERCOME BARRIERS THAT ARE HOLDING THEM BACK, WORK THROUGH PAST HARDSHIPS THAT MIGHT BE GETTING IN THE WAY, AND CO-CREATE A PLAN TO ACHIEVE THEIR GOALS TO LIVE THEIR BEST LIFE.
Everyone has the capacity to thrive, and therapy is a safe place to talk about your goals, explore what’s holding you back, and shine a spotlight on your strengths and talents. With authenticity, kindness, and warmth, I collaborate with clients to enhance personal growth and understanding. As we work together, we will discover self-awareness, communication, and ways to bring enthusiasm to life. I work with clients to deepen their self-discovery, cope with anxiety and depression, transition through life’s changes, and find communication skills and understanding in one’s relationships.
When I work with clients, I incorporate THREE THINGS to create positive change:
openness | collaboration | acceptance
WHO I WORK WITH
DO YOU HAVE ALL THE ANSWERS?
A LITTLE ABOUT ME & MY PROFESSIONAL SKILLS
- I completed my graduate degree in Social Work at University of Illinois at Chicago, Jane Addams School of Social Work.
- I am working toward becoming a Licensed Social Worker with the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation.
- I have completed a 27.5 hour Living Brave course by Dr. Brené Brown focusing on Vulnerability, Courage, Shame, and Empathy.
- I spent two years interning for Deborah’s Place and Lurie Children’s Hospital.
- Earlier in my career, I created and ran a support group for survivors of sexual assault and rape.
Loves good food
Enjoys being outdoors
Loves to travel