I BELIEVE WE ALL HAVE THE CAPACITY TO ACHIEVE GREAT THINGS, AND THERAPY CAN HELP YOU GET UNSTUCK AND THRIVE.
WHY I BECAME A THERAPIST
The stigma surrounding mental health has been long standing, and one that I believe needs to continuously be reduced and normalized. I strongly believe that therapy is about helping the individual navigate through challenging experiences based on healthy core beliefs and values.
I BECAME A THERAPIST TO HELP CLIENTS BREAK DOWN THE BARRIER BETWEEN STRUGGLE AND STRENGTH IN ORDER TO GET TO A PLACE OF HEALTHY GROWTH AND HEALING.
As a therapist, I use a strengths-based approach to help client increase their mindfulness and create positive change in their lives. I offer a warm, compassionate, and non-judgmental approach to exploring maladaptive thoughts and behaviors, while also helping clients identify and build their strengths, in order to achieve holistic healing and well-being so that you can live a more meaningful life.
When I work with clients…
I also integrate Brene Brown’s powerful research of vulnerability, courage, shame, and empathy in my work with clients, utilizing techniques and strategies to help individuals integrate it into their personal and professional lives.
WHAT IF I'M NOT READY TO TALK?
A LITTLE ABOUT ME & MY PROFESSIONAL SKILLS
- I received my Masters degree in Clinical Psychology from the Chicago School of Professional Psychology with a specialization in children and adolescents.
- I am a Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor with the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation.
- I am a Nationally Certified Counselor (NCC).
- I work with adults experiencing anxiety, depression and relationship issues.
- I have experience working with persons of color in both individual and relational contexts.
- Completed 27.5 hour Living Brave course from Brené Brown focusing on Vulnerability, Courage, Shame, and Empathy based on Daring Greatly and Rising Strong programs.
“Not everything faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.
– James Baldwin
Loves to read
Enjoys working out
Loves to travel