GET TO KNOW YOUR THERAPIST
WHY I BECAME A THERAPIST
I BECAME A THERAPIST TO PROVIDE SUPPORT TO PEOPLE WHO FEEL ALONE OR OVERWHELMED BY LIFE’S UPS AND DOWNS.
I BELIEVE THAT YOU ARE THE EXPERT ON YOUR LIFE AND WILL USE A COLLABORATIVE AND STRENGTHS-BASED APPROACH IN OUR WORK TOGETHER. I WILL SUPPORT YOU IN UNCOVERing your innate STRENGTHS and working towards any goals YOU may have.
In our work together, I will support you to gain self-awareness to identify any changes to live a more joyful and meaningful life. We will identify any barriers that keep you from authentically engaging in your relationships and the world around you. Through acceptance and trust we will develop a comfortable and safe therapeutic relationship for you to fully engage in our work together.
When I work with clients, I incorporate THREE THINGS to create positive change:
acceptance | trust | self-compassion
WHO I WORK WITH
My area of expertise is working with individuals who are overcoming painful emotions such as guilt, shame, or inadequacy that have been holding them back from living their best lives.
HOW DO KNOW IF THERAPY IS RIGHT FOR ME?
A LITTLE ABOUT ME & MY PROFESSIONAL SKILLS
- I completed my Masters in Social Work Psychology from Loyola University Chicago.
- I am a Licensed Social Worker with the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation.
- I have completed a 27.5 hour Living Brave course by Dr. Brené Brown focusing on Vulnerability, Courage, Shame, and Empathy.
- I am certified in the Neurosequential Model of Therapeutics (Phase I), and am passionate about understanding how the brain, mind, and body are all interconnected.
- I have experience working in the field of addiction, and am a Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor.
- I have experience employing ACT, CBT, Motivational Interviewing, and Mindfulness Practices, and work from a collaborative, strengths-based approach
Loves the ocean
Enjoys being active
Likes reading thriller novels