Anna Coco, MSW, LSW
I PROVIDE A SAFE AND NON-JUDGMENTAL SPACE FOR EVERYONE I WORK WITH.
DEPRESSION & ANXIETY
TEENS & ADOLESCENTS
BREAKS-UPS & RELATIONSHIP RECOVERY
WHY I BECAME A THERAPIST
I BELIEVE THERAPY IS A COLLABORATION BETWEEN CLIENT AND THERAPIST, AND IT’S IMPORTANT FOR THE PROCESS TO BE GENUINE AND AUTHENTIC. I RECOGNIZE THAT YOU ARE THE EXPERT OF YOUR OWN LIFE AND MY ROLE IS TO OFFER ADDITIONAL SUPPORT ALONG THE WAY.
When I work with clients, I incorporate THREE THINGS to create positive change:
acceptance | strengths | validation
When working with clients I focus on using a strengths-based approach to help each person recognize their potential to take on the world around them. I also integrate empathy and compassion to help clients explore their past, change negative core beliefs, and remove barriers that hold them back from a fulfilling life.
WHO I WORK WITH
I work with adults, teens, and emerging adults, and specialize in anxiety, depression, life transitions, and self-esteem/self-worth. I also work with individuals who need extra support to maintain their recovery after treatment for an addiction.
My area of expertise is helping people who are facing major life transitions such as a Quarter Life Crisis, a recent loss or break-up, or other significant life changes.
WHAT IF I'M AFRAID OR ASHAMED OF OPENING UP?
A LITTLE ABOUT ME & MY PROFESSIONAL SKILLS
- I completed my Masters in Social Work from Loyola University.
- I am a Licensed Social Worker with the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation.
- I am completing a 27.5 hour Living Brave course by Dr. Brené Brown focusing on Vulnerability, Courage, Shame, and Empathy.
- I am working toward certification in the Neurosequential Model of Therapeutics.
- I am in the process of becoming a Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor.
- I utilize Strengths-Based, Solution-Focused, Motivational, and Cognitive-Behavioral (CBT) approaches in practice.
Likes listening to podcasts
Enjoys cooking for friends and family
Loves good coffee