GET TO KNOW YOUR THERAPIST
WHY I BECAME A THERAPIST
As children, people aren’t always given the tools they need to deal with challenges that come up throughout life. When we don’t have the right coping skills, we tend to rely on things that have worked in the past but might not help us be the person we want to be today. Whether you’re a teen, young adult, or older, you’re never too old or too young to change your life.
I BECAME A THERAPIST TO BE A SOURCE OF SUPPORT FOR PEOPLE GOING THROUGH HARD TIMES.
I WORK TO MEET MY CLIENTS WHERE THEY ARE AND BELIEVE THAT THERAPY SHOULD BE A COLLABORATIVE, SAFE AND TRANSFORMATIONAL SPACE FOR YOU TO SET GOALS, EXPLORE The THINGS THAT GET IN YOUR WAY, LEARN NEW WAYS TO COPE WITH STRESSORS, AND HELP YOU live A HAPPIER and more fulfilling LIFE!
When I work with clients, I incorporate THREE THINGS to create positive change:
collaboration | support | goal-setting
WHO I WORK WITH
I work with individuals who are dealing with anxiety, depression, or life transition issues. I specialize in working with teens and emerging adults who are adjusting to new phases in their lives, such as going away to school, graduating, finding a job, living on their own, or other major life changes, and those who are struggling with self-esteem and self-worth issues.
My area of expertise is working with emerging adults who are coping with major life changes and milestones.
WHAT IF THERE ARE THINGS I DON'T WANT TO TALK ABOUT?
A LITTLE ABOUT ME & MY PROFESSIONAL SKILLS
- I completed my Masters in Social Work from University of Illinois Chicago.
- I am a Licensed Clinical Social Worker with the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation.
- I have completed a 27.5 hour Living Brave course by Dr. Brené Brown focusing on Vulnerability, Courage, Shame, and Empathy.
- I have completed a training in trauma-based therapy approach for youth.
- I incorporate a variety of therapy techniques in my work, including CBT, DBT, Play Therapy, Art Therapy, and SFBT.
Loves taking long walks with my puppy
Loves to travel